hotmail security checking letters

morecambe 20:58 15 Aug 05

my friend has a hotmail account but lately has been unable to access it when put her password she gets ( dont know what they called ) funny security letters that u have to match to access your acount but when she types the letters in correctly then enter a new lot come up all the time over @ over again shes not the only user of this pc hope u can understand this

johnnyrocker 21:00 15 Aug 05

sounds like some form of compromise suggest a full sweep with all the usual anti malware/spyware sweeps

johnny.

VoG II 21:10 15 Aug 05

It is trying to validate her .net password.

She is probably enterinf something incorrectly - the 'funny' letters are not easy to decipher.

johnnyrocker 21:12 15 Aug 05

must say i have never had that one

johnny.

Chris Webster 21:13 15 Aug 05

Both my wife and I had the same trouble with our Hotmail accounts some time ago.I cleared out all my temp internet files and deleted all my cookies and it was ok after that.

Not saying it will work for you but it's worth a try.

Cheers Chris.

pavvi 23:49 15 Aug 05

When I signed up for a .net passport I found the security pass numbers impossible to read. There is an option to have security message played through audio instead. It's easier.

pavvi 23:49 15 Aug 05

When I signed up for a .net passport I found the security pass numbers impossible to read. There is an option to have security message played through audio instead. It's easier.

pavvi 23:50 15 Aug 05

johnnyrocker 00:05 16 Aug 05

site still has problems then

johnny.

morecambe 21:16 16 Aug 05

still having the trouble but it works ok when i use someone eleses pc can log on ok its just my pc that wont let me log on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…