Is this a Hotmail scam?

ricardo espana 17:23 10 Dec 07

Earlier today I recieved an email purporting to be from Hotmail.

Has anyone recieved anything similar, if so, could it be a scam or is it genuine? I am concerned as it requires Hotmail ID and password etc. I am inclined to disregard it and delete. By the way it went direct to my Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook.

Its header says'Hotmail Warning!!! ( Verify Your Account Now To Avoid It Being Closed)' and it says it is from Customer Care.

It says:

"Dear Account User
You are advised to verify and comfirm your account details below to enable us upgrade your account and also to avoid it been closed or suspended. e.g Your Hotmail id, Password, Date Of Birth has to be re-verified before the given and stipulated time.

Anyone who lack compliance will Automatically loose his or her hotmail window live Account.

Thanks for using Hotmail

Account Alert

VERIFY YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW !!!

Dear Account User,
This message is from Hotmail message center to all hotmail account owners and premium account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are deleting all unused Hotmail account to create more space for new accounts.

To prevent your account from being closed, you will have to update it below before 5 days from now!

Confirm Your Account Details

Hotmail ID:.........................

Password:........................

Your Birthday:.................

Your Country or Territory:...........

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently and Windows Live Hotmail will not be responsible for any closed or suspended account because you have been warned.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail"

johnnyrocker 17:29 10 Dec 07

SCAM.

johnny

wotbus@ 17:30 10 Dec 07

Bin it.

ricardo espana 17:37 10 Dec 07

Many thanks for your assistance. I thought it would be a scam, but I just wanted another opinion.

Will be binned.

Have now mark as resolved.

CollieKisses 16:34 12 Mar 08

I also got an email similar to that. I thought it was spam, but to double check I'm going to send it to MSN and ask if they sent it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…