Is hotmail safe?

Bally 2k4 17:45 16 Jan 04

I ahve quite a few emails onthere with details of passwords and toher things, i was wandering is it safe or is Hotmail easily hacked by amatuers? And does mailwasher free veriosn work with hotmail or not?

What other free email set-ups are there exept for your own isp email adress?

Thanks Bally

AubreyS 17:48 16 Jan 04

The rule of thumb is, if you don't recognise the sender or you have any doubts about its origin, delete it!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:18 16 Jan 04

click here has a good, free webmail. All you need to do is supply a FEW details and you are off. There is a limit to how much your mailbox will hold.

G

Bally 2k4 19:33 16 Jan 04

Ok thanks but is it safe to hold files with personnal details.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 16 Jan 04

Nothing on the web is safe to hold files. Most people manage perfectly well with web based services and your chance of someone looking at your personal stuff is virtually nil.

G

Bally 2k4 19:47 16 Jan 04

Thanks Gandalf

soy 20:02 16 Jan 04

Try UK based web email provider: Postmaster click here

zinnie 20:18 16 Jan 04

hello Bally 2k4...everything that has gone before
is great but nobody answered your question.....
as a Hotmail user for 12 years I have no complaints and do not believe it's more risky than any other web based mail service.But as GANDALF says .there is a risk with everything on the web..so bear that in mind when posting information.

Kitz E Kat 21:34 16 Jan 04

This time i agree with Gandalf.... :-)

Bally 2k4 10:40 17 Jan 04

Thanks everyone- the stuff i have on hotmail is not that confedential so its ok.

unless you keep the paswords there so that you can access them from anywhere in the world ,why not store them locally where you can keep a closer eye on their security? (not that I believe there's a great deal to worry about)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…