Hotmail Problems

SURVEY 10:28 18 Nov 07

I have set up 2 web based email accounts. With Gmail I can send and receive emails from my normal (Orange) ISP.

With Hotmail I can send to my Orange account from the Hotmail account but cannot send from Orange to Hotmail. Interestingly I can send to Hotmail from Gmail OK.

What can be the problem. Using AVG and Zonealarm

lotvic 13:44 18 Nov 07

are you saying that when you are logged in webmail Hotmail account you want to use your orange email in the from line?

Are you talking about pure Webmail (nothing to do with Outlook Express)?

please make it clear what you are using to try to do what

lotvic 13:45 18 Nov 07

are you saying that when you are logged in webmail Hotmail account you want to use your orange email in the from line?

Are you talking about pure Webmail (nothing to do with Outlook Express)?

please make it clear what you are using to try to do what

lotvic 13:46 18 Nov 07

sorry about the double posting
I got 'connection timed out' first time so thought it hadn't done it

SURVEY 15:09 18 Nov 07

lotvic - I cannot send an email from my own Orange email account to my hotmail.co.uk email account. It works the other way - hotmail to Orange. It also works from Orange to Googlemail and back.

Have just tried the same thing on my other computer with the same results!! Help!

lotvic 15:22 18 Nov 07

you haven't said/made clear if you are using Outlook Express or Webmail

SURVEY 15:43 18 Nov 07

lotvic - sorry. Problem exists with Outlook Express and Web!!

SURVEY 15:50 18 Nov 07

lotvic - just received a belated email from Orange web to hotmail.co.uk so looks as if problem relates to Outlook Express sender. Any ideas?

lotvic 16:15 18 Nov 07

The length of time between sending an email and recipient receiving it is not fixed. It can take anything from a few minutes to several days depending upon the servers it has to go through to reach its destination.

If you are not having any problems with the actual sending part from Outlook Express and/or Webmail then the delay is because of the servers and is out of your control (you can't do anything about it)

Are you getting any error messages, mail undeliverable etc?

SURVEY 16:23 18 Nov 07

lotvic - I realise that and yes Outlook Express shows the email as 'sent' although that is not always reliable of course! The problem is that the email is just not getting through when sent via Outlook Express. I have checked whatever settings I can on Hotmail but there is nothing obvious. Still does not add up as I can send to gmail OK!

lotvic 16:38 18 Nov 07

what are the settings? (don't put you email addy on here- or you'll get loads of spam)
I mean the other information in the account setup in Outlook Express.

Are you sending in plain text or html
and do your receiving settings match?

I still don't get what you mean as the emails are being sent ok and you (after a delay) are receiving them.

Can you just give an example of one email that you feel is not doing what you want it to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017