Hotmail Problems

totta 15:57 26 Aug 05

Please can anyone advise if you do not long in to hotmail for 30 day and you are then not able to log in, how long does it take for the account to become obsolete or removed permanently for the hotmail site, as I could try to register my account once I knew the situation.

Thanks so much
Marie

Technotiger 16:28 26 Aug 05

Hi, if your account has been closed because of the 30day rule, then you can set up another account anytime you wish, but usually not with the same log-in name - however, just a very slight change to your usual name is all it needs to register a new account. Your contacts will soon get used to a slight change in your name I am sure.

In order to avoid this in future it is advisable to buy hotmail-plus, it is only £14.99 per year.

Cheers.

mattyc_92 16:30 26 Aug 05

You can logon into your account even if it has been over 30 days, but all your e-mails have been removed (and i think your contacts as well).

I don't know how long you can leave your account unused for until it is removed off the server (a guess would be about 9 months)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…