Hotmail and OE

sjl17 20:58 18 Nov 04

Has anyone else had access to their hotmail from Outlook Express account stopped? I wasn't aware this was happening - I can't download my mail anymore! Anyone know anything about this?

VoG II 21:04 18 Nov 04
  Tim1964 21:26 18 Nov 04

Just checked for mail in my Hotmail account via OE. No problem here ????

sjl17 09:19 19 Nov 04

I've managed to get a new gmail account thanks to the article in PC Advisor. Bye, bye Hotmail!!

powerless 09:30 19 Nov 04

Oh yeah I got a new hotmail addie last night and tried it with Outlook. It wasn't having it and I knew the knock out was coming but not that soon.

On the + gmail now allows POP access with an auto configure if you like for many mail clients.

Wak 09:42 19 Nov 04

Just in case anyone else is having problems with hotmail??
I got a hotmail account about a week ago which seemed OK and then found that I couldn't send any e-mails to anyone.
I could receive them but not send them which was very frustrating.
After two days I found that my Outlook Express settings had been changed in some way by somebody so if you have similar problems check the following.
Outlook Express/ Tools/ Properties/ Servers.
At the bottom of the page put a tick in "My Server requires authentication" then click the Settings button and put a tick in "Use same settings as incoming mail".
This cleared my problem.

I would also add that the latest FREE version of Mailwasher does not support hotmail either which could be causing problems in some way for some people.

ACOLYTE 09:51 19 Nov 04

Can some one tell me how to get my hotmail contacts list in to OE6,before when i opened OE the contacts were listed but now they arenot,i think it may be because of the new rule about free hotmail,but i cant find a way to import my msn contacts to OE anymore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…