Hotmail notifications

Willow12 21:00 01 Dec 03

I have previously been using first Outlook Express and then Incredimail as my Email client. But now as Incredimail has become so unstable I am moving everything over to the full Outlook program. With OE and Incredimail which supported Hotmail I disabled the notifications that you get in the bottom right hand corner which tell you when you have new messages. Now that I am using Outlook 2000 which does not support Hotmail I would like these messages back, but have forgotten how I got rid of them in the first place!!

Can anybody help me get my Hotmail notifications back?

Thank you in advance for your time.

terminus 21:55 01 Dec 03

I believe, although they have similar names OE and Outlook are very dissimilar.
If I were you, I wouldn't try to merge them.
Suggest.. You make OE your default, delete incredimail, reinstall, and leave OE as your default mail handler.

With any luck things may/should go back to 'normal'

Willow12 08:10 02 Dec 03

Sorry terminus but you seem to have misunderstood my question.

I am not attempting to 'merge' OE and Outlook, I have not used OE for some time now. The problem I had was with Incredimail and so I am going to use Outlook instead. I found OE promlamatic as well and would not move back to it.

What I need to do is to get my notifications back for Hotmail. The one that appears in the bottom right hand corner saying that you have X amount of new messages. I don't know how to do this.

terminus 13:04 02 Dec 03

I see..Yes I did misunderstand, however I've noticed of late I haven't been receiving any Hotmail notifications myself. I'd put this down to using 'Shoot the Messenger,' and the google pop up stopper. I certainly didn't disable it deliberately.
A quick way to find out whats in the Hotmail inbox is to use the IM chat icon.... Now that I did disable. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…