Hotmail; new account [2nd]

tcmoon 18:53 15 Oct 04

Help. How do I set up another hotmail account. I have one at present but I am experiencing problems with links [on this forum] I bbelieve if I set up a new account and let everyone know the new address the problems will cease. However, on the hotmail/msn pages there is no "new account" facility and I'm at a loss to know what to do next. msn have n=been less than helpful and moreso because it's a free account, having said that I will be buying something from msn because I shall require extra storage as I cannot get it on my current account because msn have 'locked' it. I get it free forever [25mb] but cannot use it for anything else. Sorry to ramble but if someone can help I'd be eternally grateful.
tc

Valvegrid 19:01 15 Oct 04

I'm not sure if this link will work, but try it, it should take you to the registration page.

click here

tcmoon 19:41 15 Oct 04

Noted. Link works but is stopped by enable cookies message. I have gone though ALL the instructions about cookies in internet options and NONE of them will work. the message says I must enable cookies. I HAVE!! and STILL it will not change the options. Where else can I go to make these damn cookie things work properly. I am becoming VERY flustered and angry with thsi computer because I folowed EVERY instruction and STILL I MUST be doing something wrong. Please help
tc

Valvegrid 19:48 15 Oct 04

Try lowering the security level a bit if you're using IE6, if that doesn't work, it could be your firewall, try disabling temporarily.

tcmoon 19:59 15 Oct 04

Hi valvegrid
No, tried all that closed down explorer and STILL it's refusing to change the setings. Maybe I'm missing something, but I have NO idea what!!
Each time the link brings up the message net passport needs cookies to be enabled. I have enabled them, set default at accept all cookies, accept on both first and third party cookies and STILL nothing. My head is about to explode, anything else I can do. Thanx mate.
tc

Valvegrid 20:03 15 Oct 04

Hmm, I'm not sure at the moment, I'll have a think about that. In the meantime, try clearing out your temp Internet files and cookies and try again. And please keep calm, no good for the old blood pressure you know.

Valvegrid 20:19 15 Oct 04

I assume this is what you're getting? click here

tcmoon 20:21 15 Oct 04

Yes it is and there doesn't seem to be any way round it

Valvegrid 20:23 15 Oct 04

Would you be willing to download and try another browser? That will be a workaround for the time being.

D G 20:49 15 Oct 04

I've just tried it with firefox with no cookie blocking at all and got same message. DG

VoG II 20:52 15 Oct 04

Me too! Also in IE with all cookies enabled. Odd :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…