hotmail login

jeffski 18:26 03 Jan 05

I have 3 people using Hotmail on my PC and every time they try to login the details in the browser change to a load of numbers and signs. This obviously takes them nowhere and they cant check their e.mail. I have enabled cookies, lowered privacy and security settings but still doesn't work. Any one help?

Technotiger 18:45 03 Jan 05

Hi, I would not advise lowering security settings. If you have System Restore, I would give that a try to an earlier date when all was working ok.
Cheers.

Technotiger 18:52 03 Jan 05

Me again - in order to prevent confusion I would advise you to put a Green Tick on your other thread on this same subject. Cheers.

Technotiger 20:14 03 Jan 05

Hi, how do find system restore??
--------------------------------------------------

Assuming you have XP, go to Start>AllPrograms>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemRestore

Click on it and follow on-screen instructions.

Please use this area for your Posts - Not by Yellow Envelope, unless invited! This is Forum Policy ..... not 'Getting-at-You' just being friendly.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:08 03 Jan 05

Hi, don't worry, we all have to learn sometime.
Go to the Forum Editor's post, as shown in this title and ask for a copy of the Guide - he will email one to you then you can print it out, and you will know what to do in future. We all want to help, and we all know what it is like to be a Newbie - we have all been there ourselves.

To reply to a Post or Response scroll down to the bottom of this page where it says "Add a new response etc", you do not need to put anything into the Title box, unless you want to emphasis something in Bold print, then in the Message box type your message. Read through your messsage to check it is what you want to say (and for typo errors) then when happy with it click on the Post response button, below the box.

Then all will become clear.

Cheers and Welcome.......

Technotiger 21:43 03 Jan 05

Me again - I am not familiar with 2000 but I believe it is rather similar to xp, so perhaps my directions for you to get to System Restore may be the same, or very similar. If not, I am sure someone else will help you.

Don't be shy about continually asking questions - we DO want to help. Cheers.

jeffski 21:47 03 Jan 05

thanks technotiger, couldn't find system restore in accessories. I will get the hang of it!!
Cheers

smokingbeagle 21:53 03 Jan 05

Are you/they getting to the log in page or are the numbers etc appearing before you get there?

Technotiger 21:56 03 Jan 05

See - you can do it!!

Just keep reponding to anyone else's help questions.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:58 03 Jan 05

Hi, perhaps you can 'take-over' here, I am not familiar with 2000.

Cheers.

jeffski 22:00 03 Jan 05

Hi Smokin' They get the hotmail login address in browser then it quickly dissapears and changes to a load of numbers and signs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…