Hotmail log-in problem

VGC 20:20 22 Feb 05

I was using incredimail and it couldnt log into hotmail(kept freezing).Sometimes it gave message that it couldnt read memory and to click 'cancel' to debug the program.I tried MSN site and kept getting 'match the picture'- i'd fill it in & back it came, all the time.I tried hotmail on my laptop it seemed to repair itself. I downloaded incredimail again, & again it froze.I can login to hotmail again on outlook but I liked incredimail. At about the time problem started I had just put in xtra 512mb of memory. Other family member keeps getting message that hotmail is subscription now. Can anyone tell me whats happening and help me use incredimail, thanks VGC

octal 20:39 22 Feb 05

I can't help with your specific problem, but regarding Hotmail, they are stopping access to their free email system through email clients soon apart from via the web. Having said that there is a program that will allow access called FREEpops: click here

Good luck, hope some one can sort your problem.

VGC 21:19 22 Feb 05

Many thanks for your advice. This would explain Incredimail difficulties ,but I am still puzzled as to why I kept getting the 'looping' message ( Match the Picture) when I tried access through their website. I will certainly try FREEpops and once again many thanks for your help, VGC.

Technotiger 21:38 22 Feb 05

Hi, I am using Incredimail - have done so for past couple of years. I also log into hotmail daily, with hotmail address of course. Touch wood, have not had any problems so far, though I have seen others on this forum mentioning similar problems. In your case, I guess there could be a possible link with the fitting of your extra mem, to check this I would advise removing then replacing all your mem sticks, making sure of a very good fitting - then try Incredimail/Hotmail again. Worth a try, at least can't be any worse than as you are at the moment.
I have today loaded a Beta version of the latest Incredimail, on behalf of Incredimail, on which I shall be reporting in due course.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:46 22 Feb 05

Also have a look here, it would appear that there may be a virus connected to msn's contact list when messaging.

click here

Cheers.

VGC 00:18 23 Feb 05

Thanks for the advice. I will ask my son ( who installed the memory module ) to check it out. I cannot help feeling that there could possibly be a link to the new memory installed. I would very much like to know your views on the Beta version of the new Incredimail, regards VGC

Technotiger 13:28 23 Feb 05

Hi again, have just started using new beta version of Incredimail - will report on it when I have had a chance to see it all - there is a heck of a lot to see. But, initially, I am very impressed.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…