//some 3rd party need geo

hotmail and incredimail problem

pcgal 21:40 20 Feb 05

I've used incredimail with my hotmail account for the past year with no problems.

I now cannot send and receive emails.

The message "forbidden" appears on screen when trying to send.
I phoned 3 friends who use incredimail with hotmail and they too now have the same message.
My hotmail account works fine if I log in via the hotmail web page.

Its not just a fault today.........Its been like this since last week.

I think microsoft have blocked email grabbers like incredimail on free hotmail accounts...Do I now have to pay?....has anyone heard anything? I cant find any info online.

Technotiger 21:46 20 Feb 05

Hi, I have heard about m'soft wanting payment for new msn hotmail accounts - but another possible cause of your 'forbidden' message is that your Sent Folder in Incredimail is full to over-flowing. Clear the Sent Folder and I think it should then work ok again - your friends also.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:58 20 Feb 05

ps - I use Incredimail with free hotmail.com address, have done for a couple of years now without problems.

pcgal 21:59 20 Feb 05

I tried all that techno.

Our incredimail all went down at the same time so its clearly an issue with microsoft.

You say you've heard microsoft now want money for new accounts so they must have expanded it to include the email download facility.

That answers my question...thanks

You'd have thought Bill Gates had enough money to allow people to have email and download them for free !!

Technotiger 22:00 20 Feb 05

Hi again - I am still using hotmail.com with Incredimail without any problem. I have sent and received several e-mails today.

Cheers.

octal 22:01 20 Feb 05

Try FREEpops: click here

I use it for all my web accounts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…