Hotmail inbox won't load

Tonycablejr 10:31 11 Apr 05

think that says it all.

computer running windows 2000 pro and IE 6.

had no problem when running win 98 and IE 6.

am i missing a plugin or something?? i had to format my hard drive so might be missing something.

other pages load ok.

any ideas?

pauldonovan 10:56 11 Apr 05

...what do you mean exactly?

Do you get an error page? What is the error on that page if so?

Does part of the page load but part of it not?

We need that info to help further.

Tonycablejr 10:59 11 Apr 05

it says opening page but doesn't go any further. i've left it fo 40 minutes and it still won't load.

don't get an error message.

its the page after you log in that doesn't load.

johnnyrocker 11:23 11 Apr 05

hotmail has been having various issues including that which you describe for some time now since allocating bigger mail boxes depending on what server you go in on.

johnny

Tonycablejr 11:24 11 Apr 05

oh kool thanks. so keep trying and hopefully it will work?

i though it was something to do with my computer upgrade!

ACOLYTE 11:26 11 Apr 05

I had a friend with the same problem and he emailed MS and they udated his mail box and it sorted the problem.

HTH

lotvic 12:21 11 Apr 05

did you try clicking on 'Refresh' button? that might gee it up a little. I sometimes have to do that with webpages.

octal 12:42 11 Apr 05

If you have a recent version of MSN Messenger, try switching it off or un-installing it, there have been problems with it.

Indigo 1 13:04 11 Apr 05

If there are some big files in the inbox such as MPEG files then it could take a while to download them especially if you are on dial-up.

Tonycablejr 13:19 13 Apr 05

i'm running MSN Messenger 7.0 but think i had the same problem running version 6.2

i've had this problem sinse upgrading to windows 2000 pro, but that might just be coincidence.

i'll try turning it off but that kinda missises the point of having it in the first place!!!!

and i have wacked refresh many a time to try and get it working but to an avail.

Tonycablejr 10:52 14 Apr 05

i've tryed closing messenger but still have the same problem.

anyone else got any ideas please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…