Hotmail Hacked?

igk 13:01 11 May 10

Over the last 48 hours I'm getting a lot of my contacts sending dodgy emails from their Hotmail accounts closely followed by apologies from them stating that their email has been hacked.
This is too much of a coincedence and I'm thinking that somehow Hotmail servers have been compromised and of course M$ are not going to say much are they?

anchor 13:49 11 May 10

I also have just received a false message from a friend in Canada with a Hotmail account.

She said she was "broke", in the UK, & asked that I send her a loan of US$3000.

This was followed by another saying she was not in the UK, and had reported this to the Toronto police. She thought her computer had been hacked.

igk 14:18 11 May 10

I'm pretty certain this is a Hotmail problem as computers have been checked and scanned with no problems and it's too much of a coincedence as said that they are all coming from Hotmail accounts.

Woolwell 14:52 11 May 10

This is not the first time I have come across this problem with hotmail. A family member has had their hotmail account hacked twice. My advice now is try googlemail instead.

tullie 16:56 11 May 10

Your friends,and yourself should change passwords.I had this problem last year,the change of password sorted it.

Sea Urchin 16:59 11 May 10
  eedcam 18:43 11 May 10

Ditto on the password change to cure also sign out every time

FRANKMAC 16:19 12 May 10

This is a very common problem. The password change will sort the problem, and also advise your contacts to do the same, one of them ahs probably openend an email from a "dodgy" source and it will get passed around. It is also very good practice to change your password at regular intervals.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…