Hotmail Email - replying with history

webber_man 11:12 13 Feb 04

Good morning.

Am i missing something with Hotmail? I could have sworn that when i used to reply to emails the senders text would appear underneth mine. I haven't actually sent emails using Hotmail itself for a good few months and instead used Outlook. But today when trying to do that the email i am replying to appears as a .txt attachment. How do i get the original email text to appear within the email i'm sending?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, i've looked, looked and looked again and can't see what to change!

Thanks

Valvegrid 11:26 13 Feb 04

Hi,

If you sign back into hotmail, click on options towards the top right. On the left of the window that opens you'll see Mail, click on it. Go down the menu options till you reach Message replies, click on it, the first option says 'Including Original Text When Replying' tick the auto box, that should do it.

Paul.

Valvegrid 11:32 13 Feb 04

I think I may have miss-read your posting, are you sending using Outlook and not the web mail which you want the original text at the bottom.

webber_man 11:35 13 Feb 04

that doesn't work for me! The options are 'auto' or 'manual' - i've tried both and neither work. With auto all that appears is the 'header' detailing who the original email is from, the date, time etc. and the original body text appears a .txt attachement.

I swear this didn't happen before!

webber_man 11:51 13 Feb 04

Sorry posted abd didn't see your last reply - i'm using Hotmail itself within the browser (not Outlook) but the original email text doesn't appear at the bottom when i reply - it's an attachement

webber_man 12:37 13 Feb 04

i have just checked my other Hotmail account and this one DOES show the previous email in the window when replying....bonkers and frustrating!

I noticed this a while back with my hotmail accounts.

I've just put up with it since then, but I have to admit that it is very annoying.

It will be interesting to see what the answer is.

webber_man 14:43 13 Feb 04

...does anyone have any ideas?

Valvegrid 16:09 13 Feb 04

I have thoroughly checked both my Hotmail accounts and when I reply the original text is always shown at the bottom, so no idea at the moment. I'll watch your thread with interest, in case it happens to me!

Paul.

webber_man 17:49 13 Feb 04

Cheers, appreciate the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…