Hotmail E/Mail Exporting addresses

J. I. 09:37 14 Mar 06

How is it poss to export Hotmail e/mail addresses from address book into say folder in my doc's. When I export using File-save as, it only exports the short cut, not only this but the addresses are deciphered and completely unreadable. It would be useful to export readable addresses in order to t/x to disc for record purposes in case say of a computer crash.Any one managed to do it. Have tried drag and drop but same result---shortcuts and deciphered.!!!

lotvic 14:56 14 Mar 06

What Operating system ? XP or W98 ?

What Email prog ? Outlook Express, Opera ?

What Software progs have you got? MS Office with Excel or ??

More detail please, it is very simple to save a *.wab file (Windows Address Book)but we need to know what OS and progs you are working with.

J. I. 18:59 14 Mar 06

Ever so sorry. My operating system is xp home. Im trying export from msn hotmail address book to folder in my doc's. Hope this is sufficient info. Thanks for prompt. I use word but not excel

lotvic 23:44 16 Mar 06

I've been scratching my head trying to find a way....
I have just tried this out to make sure it works :)
Open your internet Hotmail account > Contacts > click on 'Print Print View' a new window opens > select by highlighting the email names and addresses > right click and copy > paste into your Word program or Notepad (notepad will remove any formatting and leave you with plain text that you can then do anything you want with)

J. I. 09:59 17 Mar 06

Thanks Lotvic. Your suggestion works a treat, must admit I was stuck on this one. It makes sence to copy all e/mail addresses to rw disc, then update every so often. To late when your comp play's up and all is lost. Once again many thanks for cracking this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…