Hotmail email

Denis-174866 22:59 24 Sep 05

Hotmail has changed the way that you can view attachments to emails, you now have to download the attachment, then open it with open as, but i dont have a clue what to open it as. I tried to open it in wordpad but it was all squares and squiggles, does anyone know what to open the downloaded files as, thanks.

VoG II 23:02 24 Sep 05

What is the file extension of the downloaded file? .doc .jpg .pps etc.

Skills 23:04 24 Sep 05

You would need to post the document file type eg .doc .jpg etc. If your using xp and the file types are not shown you can enable it by my computer | tools | folder options | then the view tab take the tick out of hide extensions for known file types and apply.

Now after the file name you should see something like myfile.doc in this case the file would open with ms word. Post the file type and then we can find out which program will open it.

Denis-174866 23:19 24 Sep 05

Hi, just been back and looked in properties and the file type is car files , something i have never heard of.

VoG II 23:22 24 Sep 05

Take your pick! click here

My guess is a compressed file - see if Winxip click here can open it.

keith-236785 00:24 25 Sep 05

not sure if .car files are supported butyou could try winrar to see if you could read them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…