Hotmail e mail, but wrong name

Rhuddlan 23:47 09 Feb 05

Hi there, strange problem I have here, I recieved an e mail from one of my contacts, but with a different contact name. What I mean is that when I opened my inbox it said a contact's name, but when I opened the e mail it was from someone else, this has happened twice today, we both have windows xp home sp2 and msn messenger 7.0. Also in these messages there seems to be a txt attachment, which is 0.01Mb in size, I click on this in the e mail and it asks me if I want to attach another file, but I haven't attached anything in the first place, so what's going on? Any known problems at the mo? I know MSN Messenger was down last night due to hardware problem. Thanks for any help in advance, Rhuddlan

end 00:43 10 Feb 05

I know it is not strictly the same issue, but I am sure I read yesterday with the messenger service that bugs and the like can be transmitted in the attachements ; so you should only accept things that you know are from bona fide people

and, as to the e mail addresses, are you sure that they are not "spamming " ones:(

Rhuddlan 01:11 10 Feb 05

Hi there, don't think they are, the name of one of my contacts was the title of the e mail in my inbox, but like I said when I opened it the was another contact which sent it me, it has happened three times now, just received another e mail from her, have phoned her up and told her, she doesn't seem to be having any problems, roll on the official verison of msn 7, thanks for the help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…