Hotmail disaster

scouser 09:29 07 Nov 06

I recently had to reinstall Winsows XP (Home Edition) on my Mesh Computer as the hard disk had become corrupted. I did everything, loaded all the drivers and SP2 again, but now I am unable to get into Hotmail (Beta version) this was OK before.
Sometimes I get the 'Page Unobtainable' window, sometimes I get the password box after which the screen just hangs. Once or twice I even get through but the messages will not load and the progress wheel just keeps going round and round. (I am sending this on a different machine that uses Windows ME with no problem).
I have used all the advice that I can find but nothing seems to alter. I have even temporarily switched off the Microsoft Firewall but this does not help.
WHen loading the drivers for the motherboard it did install another firewall called 'Active Armor Firewall' but I have switched this off in case it was affecting the procedure.
The last fault message I got was as follows:
"Unable to poll for new message on your HTTP Server. Account "Hotmail,' Server 'click here'. Protocol HTTPMail. Port 0. Secure (SSL): No Socket. Error 12019, Error Number 0x800CCC19."
Does anyone know what this means and how to correct the fault?
Many thanks.

anskyber 09:32 07 Nov 06

With your reinstal did you get IE 7 as well?

anskyber 09:33 07 Nov 06

A number of people have experienced problems with access to their Hotmail accounts after IE7. If you have such problems then in the first place download this. click here It is nearly always successful. If you still have problems go into Tools, internet options and set all the settings to their default position. If that fails you can go into Add/Remove programmes from the Control Panel and uninstall IE7, it will automatically roll back to IE6. To find IE7 in add/remove you will need to ensure that “show updates” is ticked at the top of the page.

brundle 09:59 07 Nov 06
  Rigor mortis 10:58 07 Nov 06

Thanks anskyber. Worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…