Hotmail deleting

John-257781 17:52 10 Feb 03

I have set up an account with NTL.I also have an account with Hotmail which I do not use any longer. Any information how to delete this would be appreciated. Many thanks.

leo49 18:08 10 Feb 03

Sign in to your Hotmail Account,click Help,All Topics,About your Hotmail Account,and down at the bottom you'll find Close your Hotmail Account. Click through on this and follow instructions.

Might pay to consider though retaining this account solely for signing up to sites which might give rise to spam - after all it costs nothing.

Regards

A Cat Called George 18:30 10 Feb 03

Another way is to simply stop using the account. After 30 days of inactivity the account will be deactivated.

Rtus 19:48 10 Feb 03

or if your using outlook express Go to tools >account > highlight the account you want rid of and click on the REMOVE button..

Ironman556 19:55 10 Feb 03

That'll only remove it from Outlook though won't it, it won't close the account.

I keep my Hotmail for junk and as sign-in names. I also get the occasional email from people who ignore the fact I've got another account and email Hotmail anyway.

Rtus 21:49 10 Feb 03

quite correct ..it also stops the machine from collecting the mail so it lays dormant till expiry ..

John-257781 10:31 12 Feb 03

Many thanks to all. regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…