Hotmail causing Internet Explorer to freeze

musicbassman 18:41 07 May 05

Well, this is a new one.

Managing to sign in to Hotmail is a feat in itself at the moment for some people, myself included,click here

But now to add to the fun, when I do manage to sign in to Hotmail, Internet Explorer freezes up after loading the main page.

All other web pages can be accessed as usual, no problems.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Diodorus Siculus 19:14 07 May 05

No problem with it here. Any luck with clearing out temp files?

maz2 19:20 07 May 05

Do you by any chance have Messenger installed as well, I did and this used to happen to my daughter's as well mine was ok as I check through OE, but she checks hers on IE and everytime she tried to get messages it just used to freeze, I think it was because Messenger was trying to open at the same time, I uninstalled Messenger and this fixed it, it didn't matter to me beacuse I never used it but if you do use Messenger I don't know what you can do, but maybe someone does

musicbassman 19:30 07 May 05

You were right Maz2. On a hunch, I tried rebooting, and on shutdown I got the message 'msnmsgr is still running' or something similar. Funny thing was this didn't show up when I used Control+Alt+Delete to close the frozen IE program.

Anyway, rebooted and everything OK.

Isn't Microsoft wonderful?

Maybe I should try another browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…