Hotmail - can't get in. Says cookies disabled.

MGZR 00:00 27 Apr 06

Hi.

I can't get the Hotmail.com or .co.uk site to load in my browser.
It defaults to this URL: click here
And it says: **"Cookies must be allowed
Your browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use the Passport Network.

Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that tell Passport Network sites and services when you're signed in. To learn how to allow cookies, see online help in your web browser."**

I HAVE cookies enabled and wondered if it's virus activity.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheees.

pj123 11:22 27 Apr 06

Although this is of no help to you it seems like a few others are having the same problem. (see the threads).

I have just logged in to my Hotmail account no problem.

Could it be a geographical problem, I wonder?

eg. do you access Hotmail through different servers to me? I am in Norfolk.

johnnyrocker 11:23 27 Apr 06

click here

i am in nw london and have no probs

johnny.

Salut 12:54 27 Apr 06

Please refer to 'Has Hotmail closed!' posted 26th April. Same problem here. Have resolved by the following route- Tools: Privacy: site, ensure that Hotmail, and login live are present and set to allow, or enter them as new sites, again set to allow. It has worked for me!

MGZR 16:23 27 Apr 06

Thanks for the help, but having tried your suggestions I am still getting the same annoying message page appearing. I am using IE6. Have just tried Netscape and got in fine. Appears to be Internet Explorer prob. By the way, regarding servers, I am in Swindon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…