Hotmail - all emails deleted

romford 09:45 06 Aug 05

I have a Hotmail account. One day I accessed it and all my emails had been deleted. Inbox, drafts, the lot. Any ideas about how this may have happened. My computer is used by family but no-one knows my password. Any help appreciated to save death by paranoia.

Number 7 13:05 06 Aug 05

If you don't use the account for 30 days all the messeges in all of the folders are deleted- have a look at Hotmail Help.

If you use the account regularly, then it might be advisable to change your account password.

Chegs ® 14:10 06 Aug 05

"If you don't use the account for 30 days all the messeges in all of the folders are deleted-"

Usually you can go past 30 days(by a small margin,upto 7 days)without losing anything.I was without phone for over 6mths(thankyou BT)I was alerted to the loss of my Hotmail account,yet when I next was able to visit,my account was still functioning(albeit without any of my previous emails/drafts/contacts,etc)Then when BT switched off my phone again recently,it was 6 weeks before I could reaccess my account,and it was still there,complete with my emails/contacts,etc.

soy 14:15 06 Aug 05

Have you ever using an external email client to access your hotmail? If you did, then when emails are downloaded, they are deleted from the server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…