Hotmail account full, but it's empty

cdb 16:15 22 Jan 03
  cdb 16:15 22 Jan 03

I reinstalled msn explorer on a friends computer last night. When i went to check her email in hotmail, it says you have exceeded your account size, please delete emails or get more storage space. There was only one email, about 12k, showing. It did this if i used msn explorer or internet explorer. So she can't send any emails from msn. When i tried it on my computer, her account was empty bar one junk mail. (about 12k again) Any ideas what to do?

Patr100 16:46 22 Jan 03

Are you sure there aren't any messages left in the "sent" folder. If they have large attachments they can hog the space although they are automatically deleted after a week or so.

recap 17:07 22 Jan 03

or, some in the junk mail box.

cdb 23:11 22 Jan 03

absolutely nothing there. confirmed it by logging into her email account from my computer, but it shows up account over limit on her computer.

« Ravin » 23:18 22 Jan 03

have you tried emptying the trash section?

cdb 23:22 22 Jan 03

every thing is already empty. Hotmail say anything in trash does not count towards your limit, so that shouldn't count.
I'm thinking more glitch on her computer, might try uninstalling and re installing, see if that makes a difference.

« Ravin » 23:30 22 Jan 03

uninstalling what? hotmail is web based right? unless you're using outlook express to check your mail?

cdb 23:32 22 Jan 03

sorry, uninstalling msn explorer as this is where the email originates from. They use hotmail as their server. I was thinking it might be a glitch her msn explorer has introduced when being installed.

« Ravin » 23:43 22 Jan 03

have you tried using ie and going to and checking if the same thing is happenning there too?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…