Hotmail account Blocked cannot reset

MIKE. 15:03 PM 30 Jan 13

My aunt entered her Hotmail password incorrectly 3 times and as a consequence has been blocked. I have tried to reset her password by creating a seperate email address and following the on screen instuctions. So far this has been impossible because all the questions asked she does not know the answers. Is there a genuine contact phone number for Hotmail help or is there an additional way to reset her password.

chub_tor 15:12 PM 30 Jan 13

Google shows some numbers but I cannot vouch for them, they look like free numbers.

SillBill 15:19 PM 30 Jan 13

chub_tor they ARE free numbers BUT they are looking for Credit Cards!!

chub_tor 15:34 PM 30 Jan 13

SillBill I must admit it seemed strange that they were showing as free numbers but being on the top of the Google Search ads I was less wary than usual.

Having been through the frustration of helping a 92 year old friend set up new email after he also could not remember his passwords or his security data (not Hotmail) I know how frustrating it can be to get it sorted out.

SillBill 15:47 PM 30 Jan 13

Without the correct answers to Hotmail's security questions you have little hope of recovering the password. May I suggest setting up an account with it will be much easier to recover a password (if needed) from them.

SillBill 15:50 PM 30 Jan 13

Of course I meant a FREE email account.

MIKE. 10:10 AM 03 Feb 13

Hi Guys first of all sorry for not coming back earlier I was away for a few days. Many thanks for your help it seems to me to be a problem with Hotmail (no contact number and needing to much information to reset the password) The only way round the problem was to create a new email address which seems a bit drastic action but at least she has an email address. Again many thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11