Hotmail access error

davolente 19:44 29 Jun 05

Does anyone know why I keep getting the following error when trying to access Hotmail?

Under Construction

The site you are trying to view does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded and configured.

Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.

If you are the Web site administrator and feel you have received this message in error, please see "Enabling and Disabling Dynamic Content" in IIS Help.
To access IIS Help

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open text box, type inetmgr. IIS Manager appears.
3. From the Help menu, click Help Topics.
4. Click Internet Information Services.

I thought it was a Firefox issue, but I get it with I.E. If I do manage to access from I.E. I paste the URL into Firefox`s favourites and it works, maybe a couple of times, but I get the error again. It even comes up if I click on the Hotmail link in MSN`s site (?) Odd. I notice I`m not the only one, as various forums are reporting it, but without any solution.

Charlie Babbage 20:42 29 Jun 05

I've just logged into click here but then found that the URL changed to click here

You may like to try storing the latter URL as a Favourite. I've no idea why this is happening. Has anyone tried contacting Hotmail?

Charlie

davolente 21:04 29 Jun 05

Yes, I`ve been there, done that! I`ve logged in to "Hotmail today" from your second URL after entering my details and ticking "save e-mail and password", replaced it in favourites and also deleted my current entry in my links, replacing it from the bookmark. Seems to work a few times and then reverts to the previous "under construction error". But why, oh why does it do the same trick from the Hotmail Link in the MSN site, though? Surely we don`t have to go through the signing on process every time now. Isn`t that the idea of cookies?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…