Ian in Northampton 18:08 PM 10 Jan 12

My sister has asked me this question, and I haven't got a clue how to answer it, never having been a Hotmail user.

In the past, she's subscribed - £15 - for Windows Live Hotmail Plus. MS are now telling her it's renewal time. She really can't remember why she decided to subscribe in the first place: knowing my sister, she probably didn't realise that she didn't have to, and that basic Hotmail would almost certainly do whatever she needed it to.

I'm assuming that what she's paying for is more storage, no advertising, larger attachments, no account expiration. She doesn't need any of these things, I don't think.

So: what happens if she doesn't renew? - or cancels her subscription? Does her Hotmail account and email address remain intact, available to her to use, but without the bells and whistles?

I'll be grateful for any help so I can preserve my family reputation as a technology guru and PC fixer extraordinaire... :-)

rdave13 18:16 PM 10 Jan 12

Have a look here .

Ian in Northampton 18:38 PM 10 Jan 12

Why couldn't I find that? Many thanks rdave13.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November