hotmail

applecroc 20:00 19 Aug 05

I wonder if anyone can help. My son is having problems getting into his hotmail account. It says he has to type in a series of 7 letters but then it just goes back to the sign in box again. It is just going in a loop. Any ideas? thanks

mattyc_92 20:01 19 Aug 05

You mean while creating the account?

applecroc 20:04 19 Aug 05

No, He already has an account .He just can't get into it.

mattyc_92 20:05 19 Aug 05

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "type in a series of 7 letters"

Can you explain more?

applecroc 20:08 19 Aug 05

They are like a set of security letters that alow you to log onto your account.

mattyc_92 20:33 19 Aug 05

Still don't understand.... All you need to do is type in your e-mail address and password... There is no "7 letters" unless you are creating/re-opening a account.

mco 20:33 19 Aug 05

I've had this at times - are you sure he is typing the correct letters? (they are very hard to see!) They are there to ensure automatic spammers don't try to send out emails; you have to be human to read the letters. If he is typing them in correctly maybe you should just switch off and switch on again- sometimes works!

mco 20:34 19 Aug 05

and with accounts you've had for a while, open

mattyc_92 20:35 19 Aug 05

I think you mean "re-opening" the account. If you haven't checked your e-mail for around 30days, then the account is "disabled" and after a few months, removed off the server.

johnnyrocker 20:37 19 Aug 05

i have never had this and i have seen it posted before.

johnny.

mco 20:40 19 Aug 05

not on my paid com one. But it is a random security thing - and b**** annoying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…