Hotmail

pj123 15:28 10 Dec 04

Recently when I send emails to contacts who are on Hotmail I keep getting a message from [email protected] which says:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed."

About 2 days later they get the email. I have sent one to my own hotmail address and I do get it after about 2 days.

Is hotmail slowing down. Is it worth changing to some other web based email?

mattyc_92 15:37 10 Dec 04

This is something to do with your account.... Do you use the "FREE HOTMAIL" service or are you on "Hotmail Plus"????

If you are using the free version, then yu are limated to around 50 messages a day that you can send.... If you use the service frequently, then this may be to blame, because there are probably some sort of limatation for people who use the service frequently... If this problem keeps on occuring, then just change your Hotmail e-mail address... You are able to have as much Hotmail accounts as you wish, so start using this to your advantage....

pj123 15:53 10 Dec 04

mattyc_92, Thank you for that. I am on NTL Broadband and my main email address is the ntl one but I do have an hotmail address as well (from my old dialup days) which I have kept. I am just on the standard hotmail account which is now 250mb instead of 2mb. I don't use it very often now but a few of my friends only have the hotmail address.

But I have 3 people who run businesses and their only email address is hotmail. They don't want to change it because it is now known world wide.

Their main problem is they are not getting emails for a couple of days and that could lose them lots of money.

Mango Grummit 15:58 10 Dec 04

Hotmail for a business is not a good idea. Many people have it blocked anyway (due to spam). I do myself except for five contacts including a forum member here.

Djohn 16:08 10 Dec 04

Pete, why are they using an Hotmail address for business? Surely this in itself does not present a good image?

It may be a good opportunity to persuade them to have a more reliable address while they are having this problem.

Seeing they are in business I assume they have a contact database of all their customers/clients and it would be a simple matter to mail merge a change of address to all of them.

pj123 16:18 10 Dec 04

John, yes I have told them many times, but I can't get them to forget Hotmail. That is where they get most of their business from so they are very reluctant to change.

2 of them don't understand that they have an email address from the ISP that they are with. They never check it.

I must say that I don't check my Hotmail email inbox anymore, I hope it will go away. But I keep getting emails from hotmail telling me how good it is now. It used to be 30 days before your hotmail account was cancelled, has that changed?

suzie005 16:32 10 Dec 04

i get that message THEN a few days later another one telling me it couldn't be sent.i'm on ntl BB as well but i think that it's all mainly down to hotmail. ( bin checking archive).i've had the pc freezing,unable to delete mail ( msn are looking into that one) CONSTANTLY get that the server is too busy and god knows wot else.i've been trying to get into my account for 10 mins now.it's not the pc/ISP cos i use the b/f's pc and have the same probs.started having trouble a short while b4 they altered the size of the account.i have the freebie account.

pj123 17:11 10 Dec 04

Djohn, re your query "why are they using an Hotmail address for business? Surely this in itself does not present a good image?"

One of them has just told me that he gets at least £60,000 worth of business a year from his Hotmail address. Obviously, he is not going to change.

wotbus@ 17:17 10 Dec 04

I think your hotmail a/c is only cancelled after 30days "if you don't sign in/use it" - so if you just want it to go away, forget it.

wotbus@ 17:19 10 Dec 04

pj123. Just re-read the thread again. Why do you use Hotmail to send to Hotmail adds? Just use your normal ISP email address surely, then no probs with this slowdown feedback from hotmail!

wotbus@ 17:21 10 Dec 04

UMMM, just re-read it again. Forget my last post. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…