HOTFIXES

kimosabi 23:22 04 Mar 04

Hi guys
In my add and remove folder I have quite a few Windows xp hotfixes (sevice pack 2).Do I require them,as I am using (servies pack1) they are of course winupdates.
regards
kimo

Indigo 1 23:24 04 Mar 04

If you have Hotfixes in Add/Remove Program folder then you have them installed on your machine and uninstalling them might cause problems.

Why do you want to get rid of them ?

temp003 23:25 04 Mar 04

Leave them alone.

leo49 01:05 05 Mar 04

You can remove the entries by using this little prog from the Utilities section of the Tweaks section of Kelly's Corner.

click here

This WON'T uninstall the fixes,but merely remove the entries to tidy up Add/Remove.

kimosabi 13:56 05 Mar 04

Thanks guys
Will take your comments on board and leave them installed
LEO 49 thanks for that link could very usfull
regards
kimo

kimosabi 14:03 05 Mar 04

Sorry Indio
I did not answer your question the reason i ask about the hotfixes is because I use service pack 1 and some of he hotfixes refer to service pack 2.
kimo

Indigo 1 14:32 05 Mar 04

Service Packs are just complete bundles of Hotfixes which you can download individually.

temp003 19:12 05 Mar 04

Also, references in a hotfix to sp2 just means they are post-sp1 and pre-sp2 hotfixes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…