Hotfix SP2 removal?

tcmoon 19:58 13 Oct 04

Since downloading SP2 from microsoft I have had trouble, mentioned in other reports on this forum. I decided that the SP2 was the cause of my hotmail links being rendered useless. I uninstalled it. My links were OK then Norton warned of spyware. I ran AV, it found nothing. I ran both spybot and Adaware. Both came up with diffeent things. Then I was advised to run Housecall. It found one and cleaned it. The files found by spybot and adaware were deleted. I have the hotmail link problem back again. I recovered spybot deleted files, stil have a problem. It is very frustrating, I really don't what to do next or who to ask, please somebody help if you've had this problem. Thanks tc

wotbus@ 20:12 13 Oct 04

Have you tried System Restore to a point before you installed SP2?

wotbus@ 20:15 13 Oct 04

PS There is a SP2 Special Forum [top left of the page]

VoG II 20:27 13 Oct 04

Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, click on Windows XP Service Pack 2 then click the Remove button.

tcmoon 23:51 13 Oct 04

Yeah, I had already removed SP2. I've checked the SP2 forum, no joy, nothing even close to my query.
Afetr removing SP2, the hotmailaccess problem ceased. I was advisedto run adaware/spybot/NortonAV and housecall. Problem returned. I am unable to access ANY links in my hotmail account. As a former paying client, [has just lapsed] msn have not replied to all my emails bar one. they directed me to support. Humph! NO LINKS WORK IN HOTMAIL! Surfed and found it, queried, no reply and definitely no answers.Surely I can't be the ONLY one to have experienced this problem? I am now becoming VERY frustrated!! If anyone can help, please please do

tcmoon 23:58 13 Oct 04

Forgot; did a system restore, no joy. [4 times, different dates] When I ran housecall last time, I undid sys-restore to enable HC to seek out an apparent trojan IT said was there. No trojan and now no system restore dates either.
I did notice however, despite removing SP2, there are several HotfixSP2 files. It says they cannot be removed without damaging other programs/components so I am reluctant to attempt to as I have to be honest, it is a bit above my level, [technophobe] and because the problem was resolved [if only for a few hours] I wondered if these hotfixes could still be causing trouble as did SP2. I have read all the SP2 posts and answers. I've been on sevaral websites[today] but there doesn't seem to be answers. HELP!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…