Hot Duron & Motherboard

Sealer 12:21 28 Sep 03

My Duron 900 is being reported by SiSoft San as 125 deg C, And motherboard as 124 Deg C. Could this be true? apart from my Proccesor fan I have another internal fan and an exhaust fan in a PCI slot.

-pops- 12:43 28 Sep 03

Could this be true? Very doubtful.

Those temeperatures are considerably above that of boiling water The CPU would have cut out before now and the motherboard would have burned out.

As far as Sisoft Sandra is concerned, I wouldn't even believe it if it told me my nickname on here was -pops-. I've often called this particular software panicware or scareware. Quite a good illustration of it doing that.

Have a look in your motherboard manual. It should tell you how to access your BIOS to get the real temperature. If it does turn out to be as high as that, then is the time to get worried.

Sealer 12:49 28 Sep 03

In my bios I can find nothing about temps, have looked in the book but still no mention of temps. Any more ideas welcomed.

-pops- 12:52 28 Sep 03

Well, in the absense of that, does the machine feel excessivly hot inside? Those temperatures would produce blistering burns if you touched anything as hot as that.

alan 2273 12:56 28 Sep 03

IN the Amibios you select advanced then System hardware Monitor and the temperature is in their.

Sealer 13:09 28 Sep 03

Warm but I still have skin attached, i will try to poke a little deeper into bios.. Motherboard is a Jetway 867As (Oooh thats old):-0. Thanks guys

Diemmess 16:13 28 Sep 03

-- has the answer really, though if the computer has run for a year or two, the CPU fan will need cleaning. Aerodynamically these lose a major part of their efficiency once they acquire a build-up of talc-fine dust.

In a spare moment switch off, get good access to the fan and ideally remove it from the heatsink.

Then brush and blow each blade (both sides) in turn until the shiny plastic is showing.

Put it back carefully on the heatsink and Bob's y'r Uncle.

Sealer 17:23 28 Sep 03

Already tried that, also took power pack apart to clean that. looked again in bios, But no mention of temps anywhere! My PC has been switched off for over 2 hours now so it is nice and cold. As soon as I restarted I ran Speedfan and guess what? Yep! 124 & 125 Degs C . I guess that means perhaps its not as hot as I am led to believe. something stinks here, I will moniter the situation. Cheers

mark e 18:05 28 Sep 03

try belarc advisor that will give you temp readings
Mark

-pops- 20:07 28 Sep 03

I was pretty much certain it wasn't as bad as you were being told. Try Belarc as suggested by mark e click here or, the one I prefer, Aida 32 click here which is more comprehensive. Both are free.

dfghjkl 22:57 28 Sep 03

my temp is in bios under "hardware"just fitted new fan and heatsink reducing temp from a hot 75 deg to a more respectable 50 deg,no other fans running

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…