hot CD's

mec13 18:50 26 Feb 04

Why do CD's after installing games onto my computer feel so hot when removed. The games install and play ok, it seems to happen when 2 or more CD's are required to fully install these games. My machine is Quite modern (xp home, athlon 2.600+, radeon 9200 etc, etc)
Is this normal, or is it a sign of pending doom!

woodchip 18:55 26 Feb 04

It's the Laser light. If you think that's a problem you need to feel my CD's after I take them out of my Van Slot CD right above the heater

Gongoozler 19:01 26 Feb 04

I would expect some heating from the laser that reads the data. The cd drive may also be getting heated if there is a hard drive near it. If you're worried about the heat you can get a hard drive cooling fan click here or click here

mec13 20:38 26 Feb 04

I presume what your saying is that its normal for my cd's to heat up! as for the hard drive bit, all I know is there are two fans inside this box of mine somewhere,(noisy)and the location of the hard drive, I havn't a clue!

The machine isn't a year old, and my son insist on the latest games(he's spoilt!)and going on what price these games are when bought, I do fret when these disc's are removed from the machine quite hot. I just hope they will work again when required!

Eargasm 21:39 26 Feb 04

You could always make a spare copy of your games using the excellent cd clone software,it's never failed to copy any of my software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…