Hosts file

guesswho2 17:33 11 Oct 07

I have read many of the posts re hosts file and I have been fiddling about in my amateurish way. I am on the point of downloading a hosts file from mvps.org but haven't quite got the courage to do it! When I look in ---drivers\etc I see that I have, amongst other entries, a 'hosts' shown as a File of 183kB and also a 'hosts.txt' Text Document 183kB.These read as if put there by Spybot and I've inserted another website in the txt one, viz dell.com-VOSTRO because this has started forcing itself in when I'm in the PCA site. Could someone explain which of these my computer will refer to, the txt one or the other?
Would I be well advised to download the mvps file and, if so, what should be done with the other hosts files?

Graham. 17:43 11 Oct 07

I got mine from click here. Also consider Hosts Toggle from the same site.

guesswho2 19:29 11 Oct 07

Thanks Graham but I really would like to know about which hosts file is which. I'd love someone to tell me exactly how to install a hosts file.

guesswho2 19:39 11 Oct 07

Back again Graham! Looked again at that website and maybe it does have all the answers - I'm a bit scared of doing the wrong thing!
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…