Hosts

Declanworld 12:11 26 Jun 08

Please recommend me a host for my site: click here.

It's using less than half the Virginmedia allowance of 55MB of free space. I haven't been able to amend my VM space since 11 April due to VM having made a mess of a file migration.

The domain is registered with eNom after the debacle with registerfly.com

Kemistri 12:32 26 Jun 08
  Declanworld 12:46 26 Jun 08

That looks perfect - thanks. It looks like I have to move my domain registration to heartinternet to qualify.

Kemistri 13:44 26 Jun 08

Worth doing, I think.

Declanworld 15:23 26 Jun 08

I agree.

Terry Brown 14:29 30 Jun 08

I have a virgin media account and a Heartinternet (free) account. The only problem is heartinternet does not support Frontpage as Virginmedia does, apart from that, it is a very good site.
Terry

Declanworld 18:28 30 Jun 08

Thanks Terry. Can you confirm that you have to move your domain registration to Heartinternet to avail of the free hosting?

Declan

Terry Brown 12:46 01 Jul 08

Is is normal, when you take out a hosting package to transfer your name to the hosting company, see link click here, as any web pages you create with the domain name (on virgin or another hosting company) will go to the same web site.

The cost of transferring is usually less than £5 and could be free.
Terry

Declanworld 13:50 01 Jul 08

Thanks Terry - checking it out now.

Declan

manrow 15:19 02 Jul 08

I am concerned about a comment above by Terry Brown suggesting that not all web hosting sites support frontPage, but how do I find out in advance?

Kemistri 16:00 02 Jul 08

It's best to start a new thread about a separate subject, but since you asked and it's a simple answer...

Basically, some functions of Frontpage are supported on the server by Frontpage Extensions, which must be enabled, often at the user's request. Some hosts do not offer these extensions. If a particular host does not clearly specify FP Extensions support, be sure to ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017