Hostplus - I've broken my website!!

tonyuk72 13:44 02 May 05

I have an account with hostplus, they have a series of management tools. I was in the process of setting up a sub domain & I forgot to name it prior to hitting the submit button and it effectively made a subdomain named which is effectively my website address. I can now no longer access my website via the net as it states that the "server is not found"

I have submitted a support button, but with it being a bank holiday I would imagine it will take some time to resolve.

Is it simply a matter of restoring files to the server of does the server need to be reset by hostplus?

It's a unix server with FPSE's installed it also has PHP, MySql etc.....

Any help appreciated

Forum Editor 14:25 02 May 05

access your server control panel and delete the sub-domain you created?

tonyuk72 14:32 02 May 05

Yes, I have done this. None of my files have been lost but it simply refuses to work.

I have looked through the file manager for files which may have been modified at the time the blank sub domain was added & deleted eg HTACCESS etc but none are showing modification around this time. Infact the vast majority of these types of files are unchanged from when the site was oringinally set up by Hostplus.

If it's any help when looking in the control panel the root directory is /web/ this is where all my website files & folders sit. I can go back one level to a folder named /site48/ this is where an array of files and folders sit eg email, website stats, backup etc.

tonyuk72 15:54 02 May 05

It might be that there's nothing I can do from my end, I just thought if a file had been changed I might be able to restore it.

Technical Support are generally very good but I guess a little slow due to the bank holiday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…