Hosting - transfer domain? Space needed?

Marey 10:52 28 Aug 07

Hi. Apologies if I'm repeating a common question, but it'd be good to get advice for my own situation. I've registered my domain name with 123-reg (Pipex) & was going to go for hosting through them too, but not sure what size package I should go for or if I should look elsewhere for better deal / reliability? And how transferring might complicate matters. My site will basically be an archive of photos/artwork (maybe 25? - thumbnails to click for full size), I'd possibly add some video clips too later but not if it'll be too much of a tech headache or cost too much (so probably not!). Couple of pages or bits n bobs of text, no online shop or anything like that, just contact details. Have sorted out a couple of free design packages to try out (thanks to my other thread) & the site will be v simple design-wise. I'm guessing most companies' 'starter' type package would be ok - any advice or recommendations? Thanks

Marey 12:08 28 Aug 07

Me again. Just found another thread which answers my Q about size - any advice on transferring to another host would be great. Am thinking about Heart, seem to get good recommendations in other posts..

Forum Editor 18:39 28 Aug 07

that consume more space and bandwidth than anything else are image files and video clips.

Full-size high resolution photographic images can be several or many megabytes in size, and depending on your files sizes you may need more web space than some of the very cheap starter hosting packages provide. Video clips will exacerbate the space problem, so think carefully before you take the plunge with a hosting company.

Check the terms and conditions, as fourm member says, particularly where bandwidth charges are concerned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…