hosting

eggy 22:50 04 Jan 07

I am looking at a number of companies to host my ecommerce website. Has anybody any experience in this area. The companies I am looking at netfirms and fasthosts and 1&1. Netfirms looks the best but is their a problem hosting my site through an American company?

juno444444 00:05 06 Jan 07

I have one website (otherwise just blogs) and the one webhosing company I use is great. You can see here:

click here

I almost used 1&1 but then I did some searches about them on the net, and I found too many complaints. I don't know anything about fasthosts or netfirms.

harristweed 08:40 06 Jan 07

I have customers using both Fasthosts and 1and1. I have had no complaints about either. Both have easy to use control panels that offer lots of facilities. I don't have experience of the American host you quote but I have sites hosted in America with Flighthost who are excellent the longest I have waited for a response to a support email is 15minutes.

The only comment I would make is that I believe a site hosted in the UK will do better on UK search engines that one hosted abroard.

barryoneoff.co.uk 09:37 06 Jan 07

1&1 takes some beating. It has so many features to choose from in the control panel, but don't hold your breath while waiting for e-mail replies!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…