Host rejects domain name transfer

HighTower 10:47 17 Aug 05

Imagine yourself in the situation where a client of yours has a domain name with an incompetent domain name registrant. On commencing work for them and initialising a domain name transfer you find that the host will not unlock the domain and therefore a full transfer cannot take place.

After contacting the host and realising that they are infact cowboys, you find that no amount of asking will get them to do what you want them to with a name which actually belongs to a customer, not to them.

Where do you go now? This host say that they will unlock the domain but it will be done when they get around to it. It's now been a few weeks and still no joy.

I've since found out that their "domain name transferal team" only work on Fridays, and a guy in sales told me that every time I call to chase up what's happening my query puts the domain back to the bottom of the list as the file is taken out of the shoe box and then replaced.

If anyone is interested the provider is "". Their incompetance and arrogance has been truly breathtaking to date. On a positive, if anybody is looking for reliable hosting who don't charge you 75p a minute to speak to somebody after you've paid £40 quid for a .com name then have a look at Hostway. You truly get what you pay for.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Forum Editor 01:10 19 Aug 05

is the name in?

If it's in the level you can get Nominet UK to force the move.

click here

Otherwise, you can use the ICANN dispute resolution procedure

click here

HighTower 09:22 19 Aug 05

Unfortunately it's a .com name. I'll follow the links you suggest and see where I get.

Thanks for responding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…