Host Process for Windows Services Stopped

Sparkly 14:53 29 Mar 09

Hi all just set up my new PC from Dell two days ago all works well but i keep getting a box pop up telling me "Host Process for Windows Services Stopped working & was closed" A problem caused the application to stop working correctly,windows will notify you if a solution is available.
When i click the OK another box appears down on the notification area saying DEP has closed Host Process for Windows. This has only been poping up after i installed my HP AIO printer software and Office 2007 software, as i am new to the Vista OS could anyone shed some light on this or give some suggestion what to do?
Dell XPS 430
Vista Home Premium 32bit Thanks in advance
Quad Core Q8200 @ 2.3Ghz
3 GB Ram

Sea Urchin 15:30 29 Mar 09

It's because of the printer software

Try this

click here

Terry Brown 15:34 29 Mar 09

At a guess, I would say that the printer software is not compatable with Vista.
Tis link is to the HP Vista printer drivers.
Good Luck
Terry
click here

Sparkly 15:52 29 Mar 09

Hi Sea Urchin and Terry Brown thanks for the reply i will try your link Sea Urchin and see how it goes, Terry is this Driver Detective a software prgramme or just the driver??
Thanks to you both.

Sea Urchin 15:52 29 Mar 09

This gives you more control than my previous link

click here

Sparkly 15:55 29 Mar 09

Thanks Sea Urchin will give it a good read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…