Hospital NHS Trust pays staff bonus from surplus

realist 21:02 02 Apr 08

The staff performed well, apparently, but then that's what they were paid to do anyway?

click here

Stuartli 21:14 02 Apr 08

Mixed feelings about this one.

I don't see any reason why, if employees raise their productivity levels above and beyond duty, then such effort should be praised and rewarded (if the latter is possible).

Most of us know that a little bit of praise raises morale and works wonders, so why begrudge it in this case? It represents just £5 a week extra each in any case.

As we don't know all the facts about whether additional staff could, or should, have been taken on, then there's little else that can be said.

Technotiger 21:15 02 Apr 08

This a PC Problem, Help Forum ???

Stuartli 21:17 02 Apr 08

Probably intended for Speakers' Corner.

A further point. If the surplus had gone back to the Government (as seems to be the case IIRC), most of us know that it is more than likely to be squandered.

wis 21:18 02 Apr 08

nhs well may be there pcs are crap also
gordon browns boys lose all other data so ok

Technotiger 21:26 02 Apr 08

Yes that's what I thought. Though I do sympathise with the Nurses.

wee eddie 13:01 03 Apr 08

the NHS would be a better place

Stuartli 13:08 03 Apr 08

Believe you me, the NHS still provides a world class service for people, especially those with major illnesses.

I know because my other half has had exceptional treatment in various parts of the UK over the past 15 years and will, in fact, require treatment for the rest of her life.

User-1229748 13:50 03 Apr 08

i think they deserve everything they can get - anyone who's had a stay in hospital knows the amount of hours some of their shifts last - good luck to em :)

wee eddie 16:59 03 Apr 08

I was applauding the payment of a bonus.

I know that our NHS, for all it's petty failings, is a organisation staffed by hard working folk.

Wolfenstein 19:23 03 Apr 08

People complain about the NHS service but i bet not many countries have hotlines they can ring up and get advice without wasting time on clogging up hospitals or calling out doctors when problems breathing may just turn out to be the fact some kid didn't take his inhalers and thats all he needs to do.

Also, alot i'd say somat like 90% percent of the world have to pay for there treatment's and operations (USA an example) we don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…