Horizontal Slide Bar

RussWoo 17:23 16 Apr 08

Hello,

The pages on a site I often visit is too wide to view but there is no horizontal slide bar at the bottom to let me slide over to the right so I can see it all, as I would on other sites.

The site owners suggest I disable my favourites column on the left hand side to view the page in full. This works but is a bit of a faff, re-instating it again.

Shouldn't the site owners provide this facility when creating it? If so, what should I ask them to do?

Regards and thanks,

Bixbox

tullie 17:35 16 Apr 08

Can you provide a link to site please?

RussWoo 17:43 16 Apr 08

Thanks, tulie.

The site is click here

bixbox

Sea Urchin 17:57 16 Apr 08

OK here - but using IE7 the favourites overlay the page and don't encroach on the width unless you "pin the favorites center".

MAT ALAN 18:05 16 Apr 08

No issues here, page displays as it's supposed to...

XP Home SP3 Firefox...

DieSse 18:20 16 Apr 08

It's a flaw in the way they've constructed the site. I just compared one of my sites with theirs, and my site automatically gets a sideways scroll bar - theirs doesn't.

Whether they wish to modify their site is, of course, entirely down to them.

I would have thought they would want to correct such a basic flaw, which shows up in other circumstances too (like putting their page into a window narrower than the page width - it might even show up on monitors with lower resolutions (though I can't quickly check that) - which would be very poor).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…