horizontal icons at bottom of screen now vertical

crespo 03:39 17 Dec 05

Hi! This is Crespo calling! When i start up my laptop the icons normally at the bottom of the screen when i'm on the internet in the horizontal format have now somehow "moved" to the right hand side of my screen. It was perfect earlier tonight when i was on the net, but the icons: start, norton ,time & other icons on the bottom bar have moved. Why? and more importantly, how can i restore them back to the horizontal bottom? All advice gratefully received.Cheers! C.

badhair1963 04:02 17 Dec 05

First of all, right click the taskbar to make sure that "Lock the Taskbar" isn't ticked (it probably isn't by the sound of things), then left click and drag the taskbar to its normal position at the bottom of the screen. When you've got it in the position that you want and it's the correct size, right click on it again and tick "Lock the Taskbar". This will stop you accidentally moving it again.

Failing that, you might want to try System Restore assuming you've got a suitable restore point set. Click "Start->Accessories->System Restore and follow the on-screen instructions. This should restore your computer to the state it was in earlier when (presumably) you didn't have the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…