Horizontal Dot Pitch question

lemon2 12:15 25 May 04

If say, you're used to a .26mm dot pitch on a 17" monitor, how noticeable would .28mm be on a 21" monitor?

Following my earlier question regarding unstable monitor display I've thought if I was replacing the monitor I might as well upgrade the size at the same time. As I do quite a bit of DTP and could use a bigger screen. I've found several refurbished Eizo F77 but the horizontal dot pitch .28mm.

Satmansq 12:27 25 May 04

This is a description obtained from google search on dot pitch.

Also called phosphor pitch, a measurement that indicates the diagonal distance between like-colored phosphor dots on a display screen. Measured in millimeters, the dot pitch is one of the principal characteristics that determines the quality of display monitors. The lower the number, the crisper the image. The dot pitch of color monitors for personal computers ranges from about 0.15 mm to 0.30 mm.

You may want to look at the spec of other monitors to establish the quality you will get against the price.Perhaps take a trip to pc world to check the quality of image.

Pesala 12:36 25 May 04

21" Monitors seem to carry a heavy price premium, which is no doubt the reason why you are looking at reburbished models. However, refurbished means old technology. 0.28" dot pitch is not great, and 21" is not that much bigger than 19". I would never recommend skimping on a monitor as it should last for at least five years. If it costs £500, that is only £2 a week.

Novatech have a wide range of monitors at prices that look very cheap to me since my 17" LG Flatron was £200 some years ago. I think the dot pitch is 0.24 or 0.26

Look at the quality you can get with a new famous make 19" monitor from the likes of Iiyama, Samsung, or CTX:

£146.08 Samsung SyncMaster 957 P - Display - CRT - 19" - 1920 x 1440 / 64 Hz - 0.22 click here

£172.72 Samsung 19 Monitor SM957MB/19 DFL.20 96kHZ TCO99 click here

£164.50 Iiyama Vision Master Pro 455 19" (18"viewable) CRT .25Dot Pitch DiamondTron
click here

How long is the warranty on refurbished monitors. I haven't checked, but these new ones will probably carry a three year warranty.

Mikè 14:06 25 May 04

My current monitor (home) click here no noticeable support wires, all parts of crt front (inside and out) totally flat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…