Hooray - Broadband is coming!

Cloggsy 16:24 11 Sep 03

I have just had a phonecall from BT today informing me that our local exchange is being updated in November.

Can anyone tell me who is the best 'Broadband' provider (value for money & speed of access etc) please? BT are trying to flog me their 512K service for £50 (inc. VAT) for the USB router & £28 per month access (first month free)! I'm looking for a faster service with good reliability. Also, what gives better 'ping' rates, an external USB router or an internal PCI router?

Please help!!!! Before it's too late ;o)

Giantsquid 16:51 11 Sep 03

NTL....good luck !

Djohn 17:19 11 Sep 03

External, I think! Have a look at this site and do the compare test left of page. ZEN comes out very well in all aspects. I believe their install time is 5 days from order to installation j. click here and for ZEN home page, click here

HighTower 19:00 11 Sep 03

I went for Nildram and they have been consistently outstanding in every respect.

anchor 19:19 11 Sep 03

I suggest Pipex. Been with them now for 18 months, and well satisfied.

click here

Cheaper than BT too!.

Cloggsy 19:47 11 Sep 03

I was looking at PIPEX - they have just brought out a 1Mb connection for £24 ish per month.... seems really good!!??

Plus the connection kit is really cheap too (in comparison to others!)

However, a mate of mine is on NILDRAM & he's really happy with that!

What to do... What to do?

powerless 19:49 11 Sep 03

Yipeee.

powerless 19:49 11 Sep 03

Yipeee.

R4 20:03 11 Sep 03

Pipex is quite good and they connect you for about £18.00 with free modem and splitters (2).
I have had no problem with this service.

anchor 09:30 12 Sep 03

Their £23.50/month is for the 512Mb service. The 1Mb service is about £29/month.

For £17.57 (including: VAT), you get everything you need; modem, 2 filters and line activation. I think that`s a bargain. As I said earlier, I am perfectly happy with Pipex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…