HomePlugs + Networking

Barbt 09:11 15 Apr 07

I have just bought 2 x econnect 85Mbps HomePlugs to allow me to share broadband connection from desktop and Netgear router upstairs, to laptop downstairs. They work brilliantly and have eliminated the dropped connection of my attempts at wireless. However, I would now like to set up a home network and don't know how to do this. Both machines have network cards.Please could someone tell me - in simple terms - how to set up the network, using HomePlugs. I have to admit to getting a bit confused and really not being able to see wood for trees with all this! As a beginner, I would really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Barbara

Ashrich 12:40 15 Apr 07

If using XP you can run the Network Wizard on both PC's , and either transfer the details from one PC to the other or remember the settings you have made on the first PC and enter them on to the second one . As long as they both have different names assigned and are in the same workgroup ( default is MSHOME ) there won't be too much trouble and if there is , you can always come back here .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac