Homeplugs and my ps3 straming from pc...........

julius44 06:37 AM 02 Jun 12

Hello and good morning to you all. I'm interested in getting these homeplugs here.....http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr12?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338615303&sr=1-2

I have a desktop pc, and a ps3 and I would like to stream videos from pc to my ps3 would these definately work please? also how would i connect them?? I would only consider buying these if they def can work. Any help suggesions would be much appreciated. many thanks.

Nontek 08:50 AM 02 Jun 12

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't quite understand what you mean about 'streaming video PC to ps3'

Homeplugs are excellent at what they are intended for - i.e. extending your home network to work on any PC etc within your home - as long as your Mains Sockets are on the same Ring-main.

I have used homeplugs for some time, just would not be without them now, simply connect plugs/PCs with provided Ethernet cable and get on-line so easily and without hassle.

Initially one starts with a pair of homeplugs, one plugged into a mains socket near PC and is connected to PC via supplied Ethernet cable. The other is connected to any other Mains Socket on the same Ring-main so that any other PC/PS3 can similarly be connected via supplied Ethernet cable.

Any number of additional Homeplugs can be added at a later date for further expansion.

Nontek 09:09 AM 02 Jun 12

Initially one starts with a pair of homeplugs, one plugged into a mains socket near PC and is connected to PC via supplied Ethernet cable.

Slight amendment to above sentence - with apologies!!

Should read ..... one plugged into a mains socket near PC and is connected to ROUTER via supplied Ethernet cable.

Zak 10:33 AM 02 Jun 12

I bought this starter pack one month ago to provide internet connection for my satellite receiver - works brilliantly and very easy to set up.

Please check this site for further technical info and contact if you require any additional explanations:

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Mini HomePlug AV PowerLine Adapter Kit

julius44 09:22 AM 03 Jun 12

thanks for all the info, abot the homeplugs pls,......can they be plugged into my 8 way extension socked, I dont have enough free wall sockets behind where all my electrical stuff is, so I have an 8 way sure protector extension socet..with 4 sockets free, if it wont work this way, than there is no point in me buying them

Nontek 09:51 AM 03 Jun 12

Simple answer ... Yes they can be plugged into an extension socket.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things