Homeplugs help

Shutt1e 11:40 17 Jul 06

can homeplugs work ithout a outer e.g plugging into the network card thx

mgmcc 12:30 17 Jul 06

Homeplugs are an alternative way to network two or more computers. It is quite possible to network computers without internet involvement, so there is no requirement to have a router in the system.

Personally, I would always go with conventional networking methods unless there is a specific reason why this is not possible.

Shutt1e 21:36 18 Jul 06

i may go and try again with wireless as before i tried setting it up with a usb modem and then found out you needed a router so i may go back and try that is the set up hard at all

Tim1964 00:39 19 Jul 06

I have a combination of all 3. Desktop wired to router, Lappy wireless to router and PS2 in son's room connected by 'homeplug to router(too far for the wireless signal/didn't want to pay for a wireless bridge).

You may spot the common item here, a router. It adds to the intial setup cost but is much more flexible to add more PCs or a console etc at a later date.

One piece of advice for any setup is the acronym .......RTFI...... :D

I believe that a lot of the problems posted here could be solved easily if only users would Read The ***** Instructions.

Good luck

Shutt1e 13:44 19 Jul 06

ok thx ill go for a router and then for wireless

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…