Homeplugs help

Shutt1e 09:57 15 Jul 06

I have found these things called Homeplugs click here can anyone tell me more about them and can i connect them to the ethernet port on the back of my computer rather than the router as i have a usb modem

thx

Belatucadrus 14:56 15 Jul 06
  vinnyT 15:35 15 Jul 06

You could do as you ask, this would create a lan, however for the other (client) pc/s to be able to connected to the web, the pc connected to the modem would have to be switched on. Sorry if that's stating the obvious, no offence intended.

Hope this helps.

Stuartli 16:39 15 Jul 06

These would be the ones to go for (there is another similar product but I can't recall the name at the moment):

click here

Stuartli 16:42 15 Jul 06

Remembered it(!):

click here

Stuartli 16:46 15 Jul 06

Support page:

click here

Shutt1e 18:54 15 Jul 06

WOULD IT BE BEST TO BUY THE 85MBPS SET OR WOULD IT BE OK BUYING THE 14MBPS
???

Stuartli 19:37 15 Jul 06

The 85Mbps is several times faster - that's why I suggested it.

Shutt1e 20:33 15 Jul 06

wat so it will make my internet fatser all though i only have 2.2mbps or is that the transfer rate of files sorry if thats a stupid question

vinnyT 09:06 16 Jul 06

No, it won't make your internet connection faster, but it will increase the speed connection between the pcs on your lan.

Shutt1e 10:38 16 Jul 06

oh ok im only 13 so i dont think ill be able to get that much money for the 85mbps so all of this will work, ill be able to plug one into my desktop ethernets port on the network card and then one into my laptop but for the internet to work i have to have the host computer on, is dis right

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…