Homepage problem

morganmight 11:41 04 Jul 03

My internet provider is NTLworld and i usually use their home page,i know you can change the home page by going in to 'tools' 'internet options',this i have done but for some reason it keeps defaulting to a web home page of 'i-lookitup.com'and i can'nt get rid of it.
Any ideas,
Thanks.

jojo_1 11:44 04 Jul 03

If you use gearbox instead of internet explorer to connect to the web then ntl homepage will always be default, in internet options go to connections and click 'always dial my my default' then click on the internet explorer icon to connect, (assuming you have dialup)

VoG II 13:52 04 Jul 03
  xxxx1968 15:18 04 Jul 03

i had sim probs whilsts surfin my screen came under attack by pop ups it seems they rewrite ur h/page even when u change it run ad aware or sim this will rid of the bugs + then do the usuall to change ur home page...

morganmight 08:18 07 Jul 03

Hi xxxx1968,thanks for your reply,what do you mean by running ad aware and how do you use it...

VoG II 08:22 07 Jul 03

Ad-aware click here

muppetmark 08:26 07 Jul 03

Also have a look at this article on homepage hijackers and solutions click here

-pops- 09:07 07 Jul 03

I use this click here

morganmight 13:18 17 Jul 03

Thanks to everyone for your help.I ended up using 'Spybot-S&D'and it rid me of the problem.
I must say though i'm convinced there is a rat race going on with people who write these virus's and other people then write anti virus softwares to comat them,are they all in it together for the money?
However, i would like to thank the person who wrote 'Spybot-S&D'becuase it worked so well for me.
Once again thanks,

Bri.

velodrome 13:29 17 Jul 03

now that you have cleared up the problem, make sure it doesn't happen again. i'm with -pops-

Mastermind 13:43 17 Jul 03

I use Gearbox through ntlWorld and I have set my homepage to Google without a problem.

I can't rememeber how I did it, but I'll check in case anyone may find it useful. I think it was an option in Gearbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…