Homepage Problem

hendrix 09:57 28 Jun 03

Under Internet Options>General>Homepage, I have set my homepage as Google. The address is correct, but everytime I dial up it says 'Cannot Find Server'. When I click on the 'Home' icon on the tool bar it goes to Google. Not a major problem, but a bit frustrating. Does anyone know how to solve it?

AubreyS 10:04 28 Jun 03

Try changing it to a different home page, see if that works then change it back again.

eja1950 10:23 28 Jun 03

Is the S3809 Powerstation 256 on offer at £699 worth buying? Could you build it with all the components for the price. XP2600 1024mb 160gb hard disk etc

Pesala 12:49 28 Jun 03

One solution that I used was to create my own homepage. Just twenty or so of my most often used links. Google could be one of them for you. Because the page is on my hard drive it loads as soon as I start my browser, even if I am not online. click here to see how it looks.

Opera has a Google search box in the address bar, (and several others like Lycos). You can also type "g Search String" in the address bar to immediately perform a Google search.

If you bought a new Time Computer it would also solve that problem no doubt, but I don't think that question belongs in this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…